If you are the parent of a child who is being bullied at school you will probably be the last person to know about it. Children are often afraid to speak up about being bullied or victimized at school.
However, there are a few warning signs that you can watch for. You just have to be alert to the situation.
There is also a helpful report online called School Bullying that can help you to identify personality problems that are the result of bullying.
Here are some of the signs that should alert you to the possibility of your child being bullied.
If your child –
- frequently makes excuses to avoid going to school
- Often complains about having a head ache or stomach ache.
- Is unable to sleep or has nightmares.
- Is irritable and moody
- Does not cope socially
- Has developed a poor self-image and low self-esteem
- Is becoming careless about school work which is noticeably deteriorating
- Tries to get out of joining in school activities
- Comes home with scratches or torn books
– take note because these just could be the warning signs of bullying.
Information will be your best weapon and first line of defence. Use it.
Find out about the personality problems that you child may be facing as a result of being bullied. Check out Bullying at School for further details and tips for dealing with the situation.
Whatever you do – don’t ignore it.